Friday, February 02, 2007

Let life live itself...

Who am I ?
What is a job ?
Why is home a home and office an office ?
Who are these people around me ?
Why does Friday mean happy and Monday sad ?
Why is it that soemtimes strangers understand me better than people who know me ?
(or do I think they know me ?)
Why does it hurt sometimes thinking of someone ?
Why do memories make me happy yet sad ?
What is my family and what do they mean to me ?
Why does it worry when mom is not well ?
Why does Dad wait for me at the gate everyday when I get back from work ?
When am unwell, why does sis call every 1 hour while some people dont even bother ?
Why do I age ? Why couldnt I stay young forever ? Why is my age so important to people ?
Why shud my head throb in pain when am stressed ?
Why does the heart beat faster when I see something beautiful and magnificent ?
Why do some conversations make me want to soar high and fly and some make me want to start all over again ?
Why am I paid so much for doing this job while a
poor house-maid strives 7 days a week to earn 1/15th of what I do ?
Why am I single at 31 ? ( thanks to some ppl ,am asking this question myself !!)
Why does not being able to sing hurt so badly ?
Why does one line of hindolam sound like heaven ?
Why does witnessing a dead body make me philosphical ?
Why does rasam taste so good when I have fever ?
Why does it feel so good after coming from a swim ?
Why is it that life is beautiful and painful ?
Why do people call me 'Rekha'? What is in my name ? Why do I care ?
Why is it that when I smile everyone hover around but when I cry everyone stays away ?
Why should I always struggle for small,little things too, while some people sit pretty and things come knocking ?
Why should luck not favor me once ?
Why should I always be careful, calculated, regulated and abiding ?
Why should a mistake from me cause damage worth years of my youth ?
Why should I laugh or cry at all ?
Why should I have an opinion ?
Why should my thoughts matter to this vast vast universe ?
If I were to leave this world today, would it matter ?
If I cease to work,would my office close down ?
If I stop being a friend, would my friends care ?
so......
what is this all about ?

Many such questions in mind for the last few days. My Answer :- Because I want them that way!! My answers are always what I want them to be. To "think more" means more "inhibition", so from today onwards I risk the life of not "thinking too much" and giving life a damn chance to live itself...

( Inspired by a heart-to-heart talk with Sundari...thanks my dear for a few precious momentsof ur worthy life)

3 comments:

Sundari said...

Rekha,
Nice blog! Many thoughts match with mine too ... Was wondering how one can put these thoughts to words so nicely. See, we both talked but it was you who could bring a poetic beauty to those thoughts.

- Sundari

Kavita said...

Hey such questions keep coming to everyone I guess and its you who has put it down beautifully into a blog. Keep the thoughts flowing and the color, mood and feelings of Shankarabharam keep haunting each reader.

Lion said...

all these questions arise when you are at conflict with yourself or when you are on the journey to find peace with yourself.

At both these phases a person is fighting with his atma. A great moment to experience.

experience every moment and you will get answers.

i am also in this state but i think i am on the journey to find peace among pieces of life