Wednesday, May 23, 2007

this monsoonshower is eternal :-)

While the monsoons that we are awaiting are so crucial to the existence of millions of farmers in south India,my blog is useless to anyone! Nevertheless,monsoons are so loved by all, I like my blog being called monsoonshowers...

Am stuck at work, waiting for my manager to call me for some discussion. Outside, the climate is exotic and chill am sure. One rain and Bangalore is back to its cool cool nature. Only I dont want a flu or a viral now!

Today has been as normal as any other. Took part in a big debate on 'Global Warming' with some colleagues. I guess am too overbearing in discussions, I have decided to stop voicing my opinion starting now. People may find my comments irritating, I can sense that! I have this bad habit of interrupting when someone is talking, Oh God!, am tired of self-improvising! But I know am wrong and I gotta improve. With a bunch of equivocal men, a not-so-intelligent woman has not much to say, so I better shut up! Regarding global warming, well, I vow to do my bit to make this world a better place!

Had a lovely discussion with DBT afterwards,I find conversation with women so much more relaxed. Maybe I can sense the rhythm well! DBT is a fantastic lady with brilliance,wit and enthusiasm. At the same time, she is sensitive and caring too. I always find myself at peace when I talk to her. We have so much to talk on swimming :-)

Missed SP today, guess little boy is demanding her attention. It must be a lovely feeling - being a mom. It is nice to feel needed and awesome to be the center of everything for someone. It is simply superb to hold a tiny angel in one's arms and to bring a kid ,watch him/her grow, outgrow and then fly. Worth everything!

Amidst all this, did some work too. Work gets done somehow,maybe 8 years in the same place causes this. I dunno. Orkut craze is going down. am glad, I dont login so much now. It is sheer waste of time. Am coughing away to glory. Cough is body's way of
making your life miserable. Nothing helps!

Something is nagging inside me these days. A kind of need to do something different, to alter the monotony. Comfort zones are so nice but guess I need to come out. Some past decisions bother me - the ones I did not make. Some nag me - the ones I made. But life is calling and one needs to answer the bell. The heart must give away to the mind. Practicality must rule. I yearn to be complete.

Have been off music for a long time now! Guess everything needs a break. As they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder. I realize,I cannot live without music. I guess I love it. Am more than happy to be going back to my classes and resuming my practice.

Waiting for the monsoon showers... I need to chill.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog and hey, thanks for (monsoon) showering praises on me ;) I got completely drenched and it feels good :) Since I love monsoon showers, wait for my blog too ... :)

Anonymous said...

You have a nice way with words. I wait to read your blog,you write well,don't stop writing.

Have a nice day.

Pramod said...

Random rants eh:P:P Group Discussions are alwasy fun, esp when they are on topics that have 2 diametricaly opposite views going around.

LOL at ur orkut Craze going down!!!! I suppose too much of anything is bad and gets boring!!!!

As for the rains, melbourne needs them, with drying up reservoirs, but i hope it rains from 8 pm to 8 am and theres bright sun during the day!!!!!

distanthorizon said...

I wish you din't belittle yourself : ).. that apart, ur blog made me long fo the monsoon rains too : )

Anonymous said...

Your communication skills are very good at least when you write. People find interrupting speech very irritating as it is a direct attack on their ego ;-) (now u shud know why it hurts so badly!)

To back out of debate is a rather drastic step. Probably your habit of interrupting is making them more aggressive. I'd suggest you listen attentively which makes them lower the guard - then due to human nature (compassion), they are bound to agree (even if reluctantly) with some of your arguments.

I think debate is a co-operative game if my understanding of game theory is correct.

btw, I'd rather be an idiot amongst intelligent people than be a wise man amongst morons. that's just me. :-D

Anonymous said...

Unsolicited! But I feel there can be no best thing in a debate than interruption coz you know you have a point. After all, your presence should not be termed as "silent spectator" in a discussion just because you interrupt. I encourage women to not think stereotypically.