Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fools - who are they ?

I would like to compare some of my thoughts now with those ones I used to have say about 5-10 years ago in given similar contexts and life situations. What shall I call this ? Words-from-experience ? Stupid thoughts ? Whatever...

1. Then :- It is possible for me to be in anyone's thoughts if I try hard enough..
Now :- No matter what I do, I simply don't exist for some people. don't even nned to try...

2. Then :- When I talk, everyone shall listen if am convincing..
Now :- People switch off their minds the moment they see me open my mouth...

3. Then :- How can a stranger be close ? I mean.. he is a stranger, what does he know of me ?
Now :- A stranger can understand me better than most people you know. Most people I know can behave more strangely than strangers.

4. Then :- I think am your close friend and you will be there for me at all times of need.
Now :- I thought am your close friend but you dint think so and rest of the stuff doesnt matter anyway...

5. Then :- I want to make new friends wherever i go..
Now :- Let me call some of my old buddies from school and college...

6. Then :- My mom is old fashioned and boring. She advises me all the time on relationships at work, does she mean I should not trust anyone ? She belongs to some goddamn generation that never let people talk at work...
Now :- Let me ask Mom on how to handle this small matter at work. She would definitely know best..

7. Then :- What, watching a movie alone ? Are you mad ? You dont know how to be happy at all... I tell you just catch some friends and go have fun... u are so boring...
Now :- Ok, so...she is married and so is she, he is travelling, he doesn't like my company, they don't watch the movies I do, oh they prefer late night shows , okie let me watch this movie alone...

8. Then :- These thirty odds are unbearable...
Now :- These twenty-somethings so immature...

9. Then :- A man who is smart,handsome,educated with a good sense of humor,social, romantic, etc etc etc..
Now :- A person who accepts me as am...

10. Then :- Friendship has no expectations, thats why it is so beautiful but love has expectations, so friendship is nobler ( someone told me this actually..)
Now :- Love grows with time because those very expectations bind people together and make them discover the best in one another.

11. Then :- am single and ready to mingle..
Now :- am single and happy with myself..

12. Then :- In the next 5 years, I shall be heading this team, I shall be earning fifty lakhs p.a, I will have travelled all over the world and bought a penthouse...
Now :- In the next 5 years, I shall probably be packing my child to school and driving to work early to complete this assignment before I take this much awaited week-long vacation to Chennai with my parents....

13. Then :- My destiny is in my hands...I can change it if I want to.. it has nothing to do with my past deeds nor with any Creator...
Now :- oh Lord, give me strength to handle my troubles, whatever may come, do not let go of me....

:-) I liked the last one particularly.. it adds a dramatic effect to this this blog...

Agatha Christie says in her famous Marple case 'Murder at the Vicarage' thus :-

quote.... " The young people THINK the old are fools but the old people KNOW the young are fools.." unquote..

6 comments:

kattricker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kattricker said...

14. Then :- saaveri the chatterbox...
Now :- saaveri the chatterbox and a sakkath blogger!

Sundari said...

Hey, very nice blog. What do I say, I felt that there is a not-so-happy-to-realize-this kinda emotion in your blog but I also see that you are accepting yourself as a more wise and matured person. Way to go!

- Sundari

Anonymous said...

3. Stranger has the advantage of having a clean slate while known persons have a preconceived notion.

9. The only thing that is reqd to have a long & happy & mutually beneficial relationship - friends/marriage/work whatever.

Anonymous said...

i do see a streak of cynicism in this blog...i know its hard to refrain from being so, but we must definitely try our best to do so...especially as we grow older and more mature with experiences both good and bad...

Preethi said...

wow !! this really sounds like the talk I had with you the other day... I particularly agree with (4) point and I think (3) point should be taken with a lot more caution.. put in a few ifs and buts there.. but all in all, its easily your best blog!